Last week bw166 posted about Covid-19 and the Beverage Alcohol Industry – which stated: “The Beverage Alcohol Industry will see a reduction in expenses with a decrease in dining out. Rather than banking these savings, the industry might consider identifying existing charities for donations that can immediately assist hospitality employees impacted by this event.”
At bw166, we believe in the adage, “practice what you preach.” As such, we have taken the following steps:
- Our primary office is in Colorado and we reached out to the Colorado Restaurant Foundation.
- They advised that the Angel Relief Fund exists to support hospitality workers during this time.
- They also advised that 100% of funds donated goes to industry employees in need.
- We immediately made our first donation and set a reminder to make another next month.
- For those in Colorado, the link for The Angel Relief Fund is: https://corestaurant.org/foundation/angel-relief-fund
We strongly encourage all members of the industry that are not severely impacted by this crisis to support hospitality workers. Find the appropriate method or charity in your local area or state and do what you can. Stay safe and stay healthy.